Responding to the phenomenal growth of the LCD market (which has increased by almost 600% in 2006), Toshiba has launched its biggest range of REGZA LCD TVs in 2007. The company which currently holds the third place in the LCD market (volume) has unveiled its entry level range – the REGZA C series, which is going to be followed by two more tiers in 2007 and the first half of 2008.
The C series will feature the latest TV technology which will come as standard on all models and ranges in the REGZA series. It will include:
- Active Vision LCD picture-processing technology,
- Dynamic contrast ratios ranging from 3500:1 to 5000:1,
- Integrated digital Freeview tuner,
- Extensive connectivity including two HDMI sockets.
- The series will be available in 26, 32, 37 and 42in screen sizes.
The REGZA C-series is intended for consumers who for the first time wish to purchase an LCD TV and are uncertain of its benefits. Ian Rea, UK product manger for LCDTV at Toshiba, had a message for your consumers: “While making your first LCD TV purchase, think about Toshiba’s heritage in TVs. With the C series we are brining you the state of the art technology at an affordable price.”
The REGZA C-series will be followed by the X-series in April and the design-led Z-series in late 2007.