BSkyB will be hosting a series of roadshows from the 27 September, dedicated to supporting it’s independent electrical retailer network. The autumn roadshow programme is part of the company’s new strategy to shift sales support away from distributors and large chain stores, in favour of independent retailers. It is looking to build to its network to around 300 independent retailers over the coming months.
As well as attracting potential new partners to join its network of approved independent retailers, the roadshows will also be of use to existing partners who will benefit from the informative workshop sessions and the chance to learn more about what the new strategy will mean for them. To find out more and to sign up to attend one of the roadshows visit www.skyindiesevents.com or call 0845 769 7760.
The roadshows will give retailers the opportunity to find out more about the new strategy, including the new PoS materials and Sky exclusive promotions, as well as the chance to benefit from advice on areas such as making the most of their database, training staff, and maximising profits. There will also be a market overview presentation looking at what retailers should be offering their customers, plus a focus on bespoke installations.
There will be a total of nine roadshows taking place across the UK, kicking off on 27 September. These events will start at 7pm with a buffet and a detailed agenda will be sent out to delegates in advance. The roadshows will take place in the following locations:
- 27 September – Holiday Inn, Woking
- 29 September – Marriott Hotel, Forest of Arden, nr Birmingham
- 4 October – Down Hall Hotel, Hatfield Heath, nr. Stanstead Airport
- 5 October – Mercure Holland House, Cardiff
- 6 October – Mount Somerset Hotel ,Taunton
- 11 October – Victoria and Albert Hotel, Manchester
- 12 October – MetroCentre Marriott Hotel, Newcastle
- 13 October – Hilton Hotel, Dunblane
- 19 October – Wellington Park Hotel, Belfast
Pascal Wharton, Director of Sky Independent Retailers, said: “Independent retailers have been doing a great job on the high street for many years, providing expert advice and installation services to Sky customers in their own communities. We know how valuable they are, because they take on and complete difficult, bespoke installations, and delight customers with the results.
“We’re pushing hard to get about 300 independent retailers on board in time for peak season. We’re specifically searching for retailers that have a dynamic ‘go for it’ attitude, cover at least one postcode area, have the ability to offer standard and bespoke installations, achieve at least four sales per month and are happy to embrace our exciting new marketing strategy. Any interested party should head along to their nearest roadshow to find out more.”
BSkyB’s new strategy for independent retailers will include:
- More exclusive promotions tailored to independent retailers, to increase footfall in their stores and help them convert sales.
- Marketing support, and a field sales team exclusively for independent retailers, consisting of 17 highly experienced professionals.
- Branding and point-of-sale materials to strengthen the Sky presence in independent retail stores.
- Direct distribution of Sky stock, through a single distributor, with one contact number for all enquiries and orders, as well as the ability to order by email.
Independent retailers that are interested in attending a roadshow or joining the network should visit www.skyindiesevents.com or call 0845 769 7760.