75% of UK households watch TV via Digital Terrestrial Television

In Uncategorized On

Over 75% of UK households watch Digital Terrestrial Television (DTT), according to figures released by Ofcom for the fourth quarter of 2012. The number of DTT homes has increased by 0.5% since end of 2011.

 

There was an estimated 2.12m free-to-view digital satellite households in Q4 2012, up from 2.04m in 2011, according to Ofcom’s Digital Television Update report.

The report also identified that 37% of households subscribed to pay satellite in Q4 2012, the same proportion as in Q4 2011. Thirteen per cent of households subscribed to cable in Q4 2012, which was also the same proportion as in Q4 2011, according to Ofcom.

Ofcom reported that multichannel platforms other than DTT, satellite and cable, such as BT Vision, were up by 1.4% from 2011.

Overall 98% of households receive digital television over any platform, the remaining 2% of households watch TV through a connected device such as a games console or did not have a TV set that could receive digital signal, according to report findings.

You may also read!

Sirius has best year to-date, adds four new Approved Members to the group

Major buying group in the electrical appliance and kitchen retail industry, Sirius Buying Group, has announced its best year

Read More...

Panasonic and Domestic & General agree exclusive six year deal

Panasonic has partnered with the UK’s leading provider of appliance care, Domestic & General (D&G), as their exclusive after

Read More...

World’s first cognitive intelligence TV, Sony BRAVIA XR Master Series A90J, to go on sale in Europe in March

Sony has announced the European launch window for its innovative BRAVIA XR MASTER Series A90J 4K HDR OLED televisions.

Read More...

Mobile Sliding Menu

©2020 Innovative Electrical Retailing. Datateam Business Media Limited. All rights reserved.
Registered in England No: 1771113. VAT No: 834 8567 90.
Registered Office: 15a London Road, Maidstone, Kent ME16 8LY
open